Monday, May 17, 2010

Two Sundays in a row

I suppose a lot of things happen in church two Sundays in a row. The same announcements. The same people sitting in the pew in front of you. The same _______ (you fill in the blank).

But I'm here to announce that Mark and Ed have been in church now two Sundays in a row. (Trace their story back by starting here.)

When I entered the sanctuary and saw Ed sitting up in the front row, just waiting for the service to begin, my heart soared. I walked up to him and shook his hand, as he held up the other hand to motion while saying: "Two times!"

And then, he turned, rather abruptly, to face the front, because I'm telling you, he was so eager for the service to begin. To worship with the music. To hear Pastor Chuck preach the Word. To walk up at the end and kneel in prayer.

If only all of us were so thankful to be in God's house each Sunday. Or anytime of the week, for that matter. If only our hearts soared like Ed's does at 9:15 am. If only we looked for God's presence and were not surprised when He shows up.

If only more of us had a faith that was as simple and trusting as Ed's.

No comments:

Post a Comment